Saturday, January 28, 2012

Justice

                                                                              Justice

Last Wed at 10am we had to do one of the hardest things we have ever done as a family. We had to say good by to our family pet.  Our beautiful Justice. Having three dogs, Loner 11, Xena 9, and Justice only 4 1/2 we did not think we would have to say our goodbys so soon. Justice was just a stunning dog. Anyone who met her would tell us how beautiful she was. Her mom being a purebred Rottweiler and her dad a Golden Retriever Chow cross made for a very beautiful dog.
This was her boy. Her BFF. Her bed-mate.  And this photo makes me cry.
Stephen is doing ok. He is a very active child. But when he is bored, then he thinks about her and is sad. He understands why she is gone but yet, just wants his dog back.
Being the dog dork that I am, this has not been easy for any of us. It's very hard to look at these pictures and know that this is still so fresh, so fresh, that I can still smell her. Also while I'm dealing with my own pain it's so very hard to see your child hurting and sad and know there is nothing other then time that will make this any better. Justice you were a great pet. Thank you for loving us!
My sister sent this to Mikayla's facebook page. Not sure if she wrote it or where she got it from. I coped it and for some reason it doesn't get any bigger. Hope you can read it.

                                           RIP JUSTICE 4/9/2007 ~ 1/18/2012
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

3 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. I am so very sorry for you and your family. Justice was a very beautiful dog, and I can tell by the pictures that she had a happy life. Losing a pet is so very difficult. I would be numb if anything happened to my dog, she is my best friend. Your family is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart and thoughts go out to you and your family. As you know, my dogs are my world, so I feel for you and wish I could ease the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,

    I will miss Justice as well. She was a beautiful young lady. The author of the above is unknown. I found it on FB on a friends page and it was the same day as Kayla posted about Justice. It was meant to be for her I think. I love you and miss you all.

    Love your big sister Sheryl

    ReplyDelete